Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Team 2 Meet in Colombo

After months of planning, Team 2 for the Ocean Stars Trust July visit met for the first time at Colombo airport this morning, greeting Dilanee, Dan and Sandra as they arrived from the UK. Our team is not complete, with Wendy and Thomas plus the Avonbourne students (Team 1) arriving in the next few days. We will all meet in Batticaloa on Sunday. Below are some reflections from Team 2 volunteers at the beginning of trip, a busy few weeks to come! 

Follow this blog for updates from both teams in the next few weeks.                                              


Chris
It was nice to finally meet the whole team and have us all together. The hotel is fantastic, and it was useful to get more of an idea of what to expect in the pre-schools and how it is going to work. It’s good to hear that the plans are flexible and I’m looking forward to seeing how it comes together tomorrow.

Akshaya
This is my second time coming on the trip to Ocean Stars, it’s been so much fun and I’ve met so many amazing people along the way! The best thing about the whole charity is seeing the smiles on the children’s faces and seeing how much we’ve made an impact. Hopefully we get to see loads more smiles like we always do!
Team 2 planning meeting
Jonny
Today we arrived at the hotel and were greeted with drinks and a cold towel which was a nice welcome. After meeting most of the team and discussing the plans for the next few days, I feel ready to get stuck into work at the preschools. I am always up for a challenge so am excited to experience a new culture and have the opportunity to see the difference we make.

Gishen
This is my first experience on the trip with Ocean Stars. I am Sri Lankan. Today I went to welcome others, and we come to the hotel. Then I joined this group. All are very good people. Very friendly .I am very thankful for Dilanee to give me this valuable opportunity.  

Anthony
Today was a great opportunity to meet the rest of the team that I will be part of for the next couple of weeks. It was good to get to hear everyone’s stories as to why they have travelled to Sri Lanka, and find there are many like-minded people on the team. I am now looking forward to the challenges ahead, and the chance to make a difference in a new community.




Sorting resources for the next few days of activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

Painting Pattipalai Pre-School: Steve's Story

As part of the OST volunteer team, Steve has offered his services this week for a variety of jobs to help with OST's on-going running o...